Hey folks, so sorry it took this long to get any info about our memorial out to you all.
The Basic Details:
Saturday, August 16, 2008 — 2:30 to 5:30 pm
Gather as early as 2:00 pm, structured time begins promptly at 2:30
(private party to follow)
Van Zandt Community Center in Van Zandt, Washington
- Approximately 17 miles east of Bellingham in Whatcom County
- A funky, old community center out in the county — yay!
- See this map for basic location
- From I-5, take exit #255 for WA-542/Sunset Dr., head east toward Mt. Baker
- Sunset Dr. becomes Mt. Baker Hwy. and after about 10 miles, you will drive past our house just before you cross the Nooksack River
- Drive approx. 15 miles on Mt. Baker Hwy., turn right on Hwy. 9 toward Sedro Woolley (just past Deming, the high school, the casino, etc.)
- Drive approx. 2 miles on Hwy. 9 and you’re in the middle of Van Zandt. The community hall is just past the church on the left, before the road curves around to cross the railroad tracks and you get to Everybody’s Store
Memorial will include a showing of a video documentary about Michael made by Jordan Rain and Peter Rand (approximately one hour), some refreshments, some live music, and some structured time for people who have planned to otherwise perform/read/speak in memory of Michael. Some photos and art will be displayed, and you are welcome to bring things like that to share during the memorial.
We know this is relatively short notice for people who might want to travel from out of state–again, so sorry! We hope to see as many of you as possible, but we understand the limitations of travel, especially with transportation costs so high right now.